Here you will find all events organized by our partners as part of the "aaron's law" project series.
Stay tuned! The program is in progress and will be updated continuously.
- Special Exhibition & Symposium
- 26 January 2023 | 19:00 CET and 27 January 2023 | 10:00-19:00 CET
- Venue: Stadtmuseum St. Poelten (Prandtauerstrasse 2, 3100 St. Poelten, Austria)
In the early 1990s and following forerunners such as Mailart, a new communicative space - the www - inspired artists to develop utopias for art taking place on the web. The thorough commercialisation of this once fully unoccupied space has pushed the early utopias to the background. Let’s bring them out again and catapult them into the 3rd millennium. Let’s recall the initial utopias, analyse the status quo and spin on!
The event is part of the DigiDic Exhibition and will be held in German.
- How to attend
- 31 January 2023 (application deadline)
The netart & digital culture initiative "mur.at" in Graz/Austria offers a couple of virtual and one on-site Artist in Residence (2 months). This year's special focus is on digital artists / designers / programmers / hackers / activists / you-name-it who advocate for net neutrality, create and work with online archives and/or open licensing models.
- Presentation "aaron's law" | Future Talk | Vernissage Museum Spaces
- 1 February 2023 | 18:00 CET
- Venue: Schubert Theater (Waehringer Strasse 46, 1090 Vienna, Austria) & Livestream
In its second Future Lab, the Viennese puppet theatre "Schubert Theater" will be looking at the future of theatre. At the opening event, our project series "aaron's law" will be presented, followed by a discussion on "Art & Culture as a Human Right & Common Good in the Digital Age". Afterwards, you are invited to a specially developed museum space of Schubert Theater's Virtual Puppet Theater Museum, where you can experience the production "Insight:Aaron" by media artist Ilkhan Erdogan and puppet designer Annemarie Arzberger. Don't miss this exciting exploration of the person and work of Aaron Swartz! At the vernissage, you can try out a tour with VR glasses live on site or join in online.
The event will be held in German and streamed live on the Schubert Theater's YouTube channel.
- Performance "Glitch Kitsch" by kollektiv kunststoff
- 22-24 March 2023, 10:30 CET and 24 March 2023, 19:00 CET
- Film & Discussion "The Internet's Own Boy"
- 28 March 2023, 10:00-12:00 CET
- Venue: Dschungel Wien (Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Vienna, Austria)
kollektiv kunststoff describes their production (aimed at children and teenagers, age 11+): "Welcome to the data net! Take your controller in your own hands and travel with us into a world between visibility and invisibility, reality and fiction, fact and fake." In addition to this performance, we will discuss the life and work of Aaron with our young audience (age 13+) on the basis of the film "The Internet's Own Boy".